[SOLVED] I have a Dell Vostro 260. I want to upgrade to a 500 watt psu. Which one will fit in my tower?

Jul 18, 2020
I just bought a rx 580 gts graphics card. I knew I would need more power but I'm worried whichever one I buy won't fit. I have a dell vostro 260 tower. Could someone tell me which psu will fit for me? Please and thank you.

Solution
If you get one of the smaller or older cards, they typically will work with legacy bios. A lot easier than redoing the whole system if you want to save some time and effort.
The gpu is about 9.5" long according to the TPU database:
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-580.c2938

From what I recall with my own Dells with this similar case design, anything 10" or under fits no problem.

As far as the psu, it will really depend on if the motherboard has the regular 24 pin power connector. If so, then almost any power supply of the same size as the stock one will fit perfectly.

Jul 18, 2020
It fit, but turns out the mobo doesn't work with it. Went into bios setting and turns out I have a legacy bios and can't switch it. So now i'm pretty much starting from scratch and building a new one. Thanks for your help.