Question I have a fairly high-end PC, but im experiencing low framerates, graphical bugs and crashes!

May 5, 2019
So, about a year ago i built myself a new PC:
Asus Rog Strix z270-f
16gb RAM - 3000Mhz
1060 6gb
i7 7700k - 4,60Ghz
650w PSU
75Hz monitor from AOC
Also have liquid cooling so temperature is not a problem.

That PC worked pretty fine..., until i upgraded it a few weeks ago.
I bought a new GPU: RTX 2070 - 1860Mhz.
After that upgrade i thought i could run most games at higher settings with over 60 fps, but instead i started experiencing more lag, crashes and overall more issues than i had before. When i see how my CPU and GPU is doing under load, it looks like my GPU is only being used 60% while my CPU is being used everthing from 80% to 100%.
Is it possible that one of my components are bottlenecking my GPU or is it something else. If the issue is not related to bottlenecking, then what can it be. Is there something i can do to increase performance and get rid of the lags?

InvalidError

Titan
Having a liquid coolers and "temperatures not being an issue" are two different things. Plenty of people with liquid coolers have overheating CPUs due to failing pumps, stalled pumps, unplugged pumps, slow leak causing the liquid cooler to go empty, improperly installed cooling plate not making good contact with the IHS, etc.

If you haven't done so already, monitor CPU temperatures while under load to verify that you truly have no CPU overheating issues and do the same with the GPU.

Also, I've once had mysterious lag and crashes that turned out to be caused by a single intermittently bad memory bit, you may want to run memtest86 or equivalent for several hours (I usually do that for 8+h overnight) just in case.

So, about a year ago i built myself a new PC:
Asus Rog Strix z270-f
16gb RAM - 3000Mhz
1060 6gb
i7 7700k - 4,60Ghz
650w PSU
75Hz monitor from AOC

That PC worked pretty fine..., until i upgraded it a few weeks ago.
I bought a new GPU: RTX 2070 - 1860Mhz.
After that upgrade i thought i could run most games at higher settings with over 60 fps, but instead i started experiencing more lag, crashes and overall more issues than i had before. When i see how my CPU and GPU is doing under load, it looks like my GPU is only being used 60% while my CPU is being used everthing from 80% to 100%.
Is it possible that one of my components are bottlenecking my GPU or is it something else. If the issue is not related to bottlenecking, then what can it be. Is there something i can do to increase performance and get rid of the lags?

The newest NVIDIA drivers have major issues.

Go back to the 425.31 drivers and you issues will go away.

May 5, 2019
Thanks so much for the help. It does actually make sense that the nvidia drivers are the reason for my issues because i didnt start experiencing any problems until after they released the new RTX series and the new drivers for those cards. However, i dont know how to install older drivers so i'll probably have to look that up. I also did "clean install" my drivers now so hopefully that helped. Again, thanks for the help and i'll make sure to keep trying all these solutions until my problems are resolved.

Thanks so much for the help. It does actually make sense that the nvidia drivers are the reason for my issues because i didnt start experiencing any problems until after they released the new RTX series and the new drivers for those cards. However, i dont know how to install older drivers so i'll probably have to look that up. I also did "clean install" my drivers now so hopefully that helped. Again, thanks for the help and i'll make sure to keep trying all these solutions until my problems are resolved.

Download driver 425.31.

When installing it choose clean install.

It's simple.