I have a few bios questions

XrayMan

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2005
I have the Evga 680i mobo., Evga 8800gtx in Pcie slot #1 (closest to the cpu), and the Intel E6600 cpu. My bios questions are as follows: 1) Should I leave the Pcie #1 setting at the default 100mhz or should it be raised? It can go to 200mhz. 2) Should I set the "Initial Display First" to Pci slot or PCIEx? 3) What is "Pci/Vga Palette Snoop", and should it be disabled or enabled and why?

4745454b

Titan
Leave the PCI frequency at 100MHz. Raising it a bit (to as high as 107MHz) can help with an unstable overclock, but for the most part you want to leave it alone.

Display first should be on PCIe. If it works right now, then don't bother changing anything.

Palette snoop is something that I don't remember what it stands for. (a quick yahoo/google search should fix it.) If my memory serves, you want to leave it disabled. It was something that needed to be used a long time ago.

XrayMan

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2005
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I'm now comfortable with the bios settings that I chose. The settings I have are the same ones that you suggested for me to do. Thanks again.