[SOLVED] I have a few questions about charging my phone on my pc...

Hi,so i have problems figuring this out.Bassically when i play games i want my phone to be near me,and since i have no single-fase plugs available near me setup,i plug my phone into the usb slot on my case,and it charges,but sometimes on a different 'rate'.So my phone gains 25% battery power after leaving it charging for about 2 hours on my pc without doing anything,or playing really non-demanding titles.My question is,do games affect like the charging speed of my phone???
I played NFS PAYBACK for 2-3 hours today and since i forgot to charge my phone last night,it was on 1%.In those 2-3 hours it went from 1% to 3%,like how?
But when i play CSGO,which is a way easier game to run,it charges like i said 25% for 3 hours.Is it possible that my PSU is on max when im playing demanding games so it cant give enough power to the usb slot,or is it in the USB slots,or the usb cable i charge my phone with,or the phone itself?
Also i would like to note that my case has a usb 3.0 cable,but my motherboard doesnt have a slot for it,but it still works somehow?

-PC:
-i3 3240
-LENOVO IH61M
-16 GB 1333mhz
-CHIEFTEC ELP 700s 700W (i know i need to replace it pls dont flame me xD)
-GIGABYTE G1 GAMING R9 380 4GB
-RAIDMAX NEON RGB CASE

i have SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 EDGE,

Thanks in advance

Solution
Sometimes when the percentage is very low and the supplied power is very low (as most USB ports on a computer are) they have trouble charging. In that case you have to shut the phone down completely and then plug it in for a few minutes to get it over 5% before turning it back on.

In your shoes I would get a power strip even a little 3 port one and plug it in where your monitor is plugged in. Then plug your monitor and a USB charger into that power strip. I use the one linked below for this very purpose.

https://smile.amazon.com/Belkin-3-O...602017523&sprefix=travel+surge,aps,180&sr=8-4
Sometimes when the percentage is very low and the supplied power is very low (as most USB ports on a computer are) they have trouble charging. In that case you have to shut the phone down completely and then plug it in for a few minutes to get it over 5% before turning it back on.

In your shoes I would get a power strip even a little 3 port one and plug it in where your monitor is plugged in. Then plug your monitor and a USB charger into that power strip. I use the one linked below for this very purpose.

https://smile.amazon.com/Belkin-3-O...602017523&sprefix=travel+surge,aps,180&sr=8-4

Reactions: Dj0gany
Solution

Benjamin22044

Great
BANNED
Aug 17, 2020
First of all, no matter how good your smartphone is, you should not charge it without an adapter because it offers the right settings of the current. When you charge your smartphone with your USB port, it poses a kind of pressure on the device. I have an iQOO Z1 smartphone that has 5G and is quite powerful because of its Mediatek Dimensity processor. And while I have been charging it from my laptop, I find the battery performance of it has deteriorated. So no matter how powerful your phone is, always use an adapter.

Reactions: Dj0gany

TRENDING THREADS