Question I have a few questions about my setup

May 2, 2023
Hello everybody I am a new member to this site, i hope my English writing is not to bad to understand.

I have a few problems with my pc, and from what i have read there is some great tech people in here ;)

About one month ago, I upgraded my gfx card from 1660 ti to RTX 3060 ti 2x, when i try to play games via Steam my pc crashes and restarts, I am not sure what the problem is :(

My system setup is;
NZXT computer case S340 Black
PSU Corsair 650w
MSI Z270 GAMING M3
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
CRYORIG H7 CPU Cooler
MSI GeForce RTX 3060 TI VENTUS 2X 8G OCV1 LHR
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32,0 GB
SSD M.2 - 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus
500 GB Samsung SSD.

Solution
Thanks for your reply :)
I will go and order the Seasonic Prime GX 850, it has 12 years of warranty, really hope it fixes it :) and if not I will atleast have a better PSU :D
Have you installed the current nvidia driver for your new graphics card?

See that the aux psu cables secure in the graphics card.

Did you use two separate cables to plug into the card?
A single cable may not be able to carry sufficient power under gaming load.
While your psu cables may have two 6+2 connectors on a single cable, you do not want to install that way for cable management purposes.
Instead, use two separate 8 pin cables.

I would not try to update a motherboard bios on just speculation.
CPU-Z will tell you your current bios level.
Then, go to the motherboard support site and look at the higher bios levels and what things they correct.
Only if you see an update that looks like it might fix your problem would I attempt to flash the bios.
On older motherboards, a failed or interrupted flash can brick your motherboard.

Lastly, while uncommon, new graphics cards do occasionally come defective.

May 2, 2023
The Nvidia driver is correct installed, as all drivers should be, also all cabels are correct connected.

Today i got to play about 20min of Valheim before my pc crashed.

Before I upgraded from 1660 ti there was never any problems, this first started happening after the 3060 ti was put in and installed.

Also, my motherboard temperture says its at 127¤ (but I read from this site that it properly is a sensor malfunction.

May 2, 2023
Guys i still need help here, pc keeps crashing and i have no idea of what is causing it, GPU temp is around 34¤ idle but jumps to 60 in any game, tho 60¤ should be fine, but my pc crashes :(

May 2, 2023
Wish I could but i only have 1 psu, do you think its the psu, should I buy a new one?

Im really tired of this problem, from online tests 650W psu should be more then enough, tho it could be my psu is bad.

Last edited:
Your corsair vs650 is considered tier 5/6 on this list:
I would consider that the main suspect.
3000 series graphics cards can have high power spikes, well past the nominal load.

If you can't borrow a test psu, buy a high quality replacement from a shop with a good return policy.
Expect to pay a 15% restocking charge if you need to return it.
DO NOT buy a cheap replacement.
Look for a psu with a 7 year warranty or better. Certainly not less than 5 years.
You might find that a 750w psu does not cost much more.
For example, the Seasonic focus gm650w with a 7 year warranty is $120
The 750w is only $10 more
Even the 850w is reasonable.