Question i have a foxconn 2abf motherboard and i need help with legacy and uefi graphics cards .

Aug 20, 2019
so to my understanding legacy motherboards wont work well with rx graphics cards but i wanted to know would a gtx 960 4gb or 970 work well i remember having a stock intel motherboard and it worked well with a gtx 1070 and a 1060 but i just wanted to learn a bit more before i really jump and buy another i did buy a rx 560 but they said it needs a 3.0 pci slot and not 2.0 , do graphics card downgrade in sense to match the 2.0 ? i can also try and get bios information but not to savvy on that , appreciate all the help . also this mb is in the 3500 from hp mt

or any other 4gb graphics card for that matter if they would work

so to my understanding legacy motherboards wont work well with rx graphics cards but i wanted to know would a gtx 960 4gb or 970 work well i remember having a stock intel motherboard and it worked well with a gtx 1070 and a 1060 but i just wanted to learn a bit more before i really jump and buy another i did buy a rx 560 but they said it needs a 3.0 pci slot and not 2.0 , do graphics card downgrade in sense to match the 2.0 ? i can also try and get bios information but not to savvy on that , appreciate all the help . also this mb is in the 3500 from hp mt

or any other 4gb graphics card for that matter if they would work
PCIE devices that will fit in the slot and has drivers should work whether it's PCIE 2.0 or older. The issue comes when the motherboard doesn't support the device because of some issue with the bios just not supporting the newer hardware. The only real way to know if it will work is to try it or if someone or a document specifically says it won't work.

Aug 20, 2019
PCIE devices that will fit in the slot and has drivers should work whether it's PCIE 2.0 or older. The issue comes when the motherboard doesn't support the device because of some issue with the bios just not supporting the newer hardware. The only real way to know if it will work is to try it or if someone or a document specifically says it won't work.
so it really doesnt matter which card unless its very specific in saying it doesnt work , i know the guy on ebay says it will need a 3.0 when i bought it , i just wasnt entirely sure if its worth the buy for the rx 560 , everyone says they wont work on legacy but i never tried those cards on one , i do appreciate the help .

so it really doesnt matter which card unless its very specific in saying it doesnt work , i know the guy on ebay says it will need a 3.0 when i bought it , i just wasnt entirely sure if its worth the buy for the rx 560 , everyone says they wont work on legacy but i never tried those cards on one , i do appreciate the help .
The slot itself doesn't determine whether it's PCIE 3.0 or 2.0, the chipset and CPU does. On my Z77 motherboard from 2012 I was stuck with PCIE 2.0 as a limitation of my i7-2600K and my GTX 1070 worked fine on it and before that I had a GTX 970. I used a GTX 1060 for ZCash mining on a temporary motherboard from 2006 that only had PCIE 1.1 capability. You could just buy the GPU you want, the worst that will happen is it doesn't work and you will have to try finding the newest bios to update the motherboard, send the GPU back or buy a new motherboard that will work. If your motherboard is part of a prebuilt system like a Dell or HP, you should find the system model and go see if their download support page has any updates. You might save yourself any trouble by looking before you buy the GPU.