I have a gateway NV57H that won't power on the blue light just flashes 5 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

bs983

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
I had ran windows startup repair but then it froze loading windows so i pushed the power button to shut it off. When i went to restart it i wouldn't come on just the blue light flashes.I have taken out the battery but that didn't work. any help would be great thank you

edwardsmith

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
You have to run windows setup again and install windows proper. Else you are not able to install windows make a conversation with your system gateway support member.

Lyskar

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
I could not help but notice no one resolved this issue. A client brought in a Gateway laptop with the same issue. Mean-while my client explained to me her view, I used my universal Power Supply and voila back on! It was the original Gateway/LiteON brick-shaped power supply that failed.
I could not lend out my only universal power supply so I ordered another compatible brick and advised my client on the delivery time and that it's better to let the laptop recharge overnight to prevent battery damage.
-just passing it forward-tips are appreciated

Lyskar

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
Ooops. After further troubleshooting I found out it was the power cord. one of the prong was broken. my loss. but it should help anyone whom is troubleshooting the issue themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.