[SOLVED] i have a gtx 1050 ti and a i5 7400 but i get 18-25 fps on csgo on lowest settings

bederrhan

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
first when i started playing csgo i was getting about 150-300 fps on medium-high setting but 2 months later i was getting 20-60 fps depending on the map(dust 2 was the worst with 18 fps)

my pc has;
gtx 1050ti
i5 7400
8gb 2400mhz ram
asus h270 pro
600w power supply
and 1.5 tb harddisk

please help playing csgo turned into hell

Solution
going to be hard to guess if an Nvidia driver, or even WIndows update gone wrong might have tanked your frame rates......

You should first make sure all your temps are fine (sub -80 C if using factory cooler), and that clock speeds are ramping at least to the prescribed all core turbo of 3.x GHz, with single core turbo as high as 3.5 GHz...

Are all games' performance/frame rates tanked?

Anything mysterious in task manager stealing resources? (some malware will hide itself when opening task manager, however!) A quick MRT in the command line, and a Malwarebytes Antimalware scan, just to see if anything nefarious has hitched a ride to your OS might be in order...

If no luck there, at some point you can try reinstalling:

the game...
going to be hard to guess if an Nvidia driver, or even WIndows update gone wrong might have tanked your frame rates......

You should first make sure all your temps are fine (sub -80 C if using factory cooler), and that clock speeds are ramping at least to the prescribed all core turbo of 3.x GHz, with single core turbo as high as 3.5 GHz...

Anything mysterious in task manager stealing resources? (some malware will hide itself when opening task manager, however!) A quick MRT in the command line, and a Malwarebytes Antimalware scan, just to see if anything nefarious has hitched a ride to your OS might be in order...

the game itself
chipset driver package
Nvidia GPU driver package

Beyond that, you might be nuking and paving (quick format/reinstall, start over from scratch!)...

Reactions: bederrhan
Solution

bederrhan

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018

the game itself
chipset driver package
Nvidia GPU driver package

Beyond that, you might be nuking and paving (quick format/reinstall, start over from scratch!)...
Thanks but everything you said im sure of expect the part with the core turbo on every other game i have 2,5-3GHz but when i play on dust 2 its 0,78GHz but in some maps it gets to 1,20GHz