Question I have a gtx 1060 6gb and a fx 8350 what is the best motherboard i can get and pls dont let it be to expensive

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 11, 2019
Not sure. If I google that board model and fx 8350 there are some conflicting opinions on it. Some people say it's not fit for running a 125W chip, others talk about running an 8350 and even overclocking it a bit.
Yeah im searchin on it too on the internet but its really complicated i ask the site if they could help me so i probaly have the response tomorow tnx again for helping roocies as me<3

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
But it didn't fail on me today my pc crashed like 3times because my motherboard was 106degrees and i just bought it for 40 euros but i wil search for a better one after i fixed the motherboard problem

Then you have been extremely lucky. But luck will not help your system survive.

If you have just bought it, see if you can return it. TECHNICALLY it's 500W, but that's extremely deceptive, since it produces less than half of that power on the 12V rail. Nobody needs as much power on the 3.3V and 5V that it is providing, but they use that to bolster the total power rating.

My own opinion is that advertising it (and there are a lot of other low quality brands that engage in the same kind of deceptive behavior) as a 500W PSU should be outright illegal. That thing is a fire hazard.

Jun 11, 2019
Then you have been extremely lucky. But luck will not help your system survive.

If you have just bought it, see if you can return it. TECHNICALLY it's 500W, but that's extremely deceptive, since it produces less than half of that power on the 12V rail. Nobody needs as much power on the 3.3V and 5V that it is providing, but they use that to bolster the total power rating.

My own opinion is that advertising it (and there are a lot of other low quality brands that engage in the same kind of deceptive behavior) as a 500W PSU should be outright illegal. That thing is a fire hazard.
O jees i didnt know it was that dangerous tnx

Jun 11, 2019
I'm not saying it will. It could simply die and possibly take out some of your PC components. It could burn up.

BUT - I do believe that it is too big of a risk to take.
Okay and i have 1 more quastian . Is the reason why my motherboard gets 106 degree because its to weak for the gtx 1060 6gb

Motherboard= a960d+v2 bios

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I don't think so. I'm not all that familiar with them, but from what I understand, even the motherboards that could handle the 125W cpus still tended to run hot, with extra stress on the voltage regulators.

The 1060 is not excessively power-hungry.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
I have something like 500wwat. Pls help.

"What is the best motherboard I can get"

Well, to be honest, I expect you to use the used market since all new boards are going to be overpriced for what you get.

$30-$40 US USED

AsRock 990FX-Extreme3
MSI 970A SLI Krait
Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P

Basically, any 990X chipset will be great and most 970 chipsets will be good. The best boards are still relatively expensive and average $135+ used.

Jun 11, 2019
Ah, ok . . I see that the 12V rail only provides 22A. So, this PSU claims to be 500W, but you're only getting 12 x 22 = 264W on the 12V rail from it.

It is trash, I would not trust that power supply at all! I would recommend getting a Seasonic power supply, preferably 550W or higher.
Hi man me again you where right my powersuply is really really hot and i can smel its burned what power suply is the best for me to get now?

Jun 11, 2019
Hi man me again you where right my powersuply is really really hot and i can smel its burned what power suply is the best for me to get now?
I found a payable psu its the CORSAIR TX-M Series TX650M but are u sure that this psu wil fix my problem a other guy on this sit told me it wasn't my psu but my motherboard being too weak to support the fx 8350 and the gtx 1060 6gb i really wanna be sure that i buy the right thing and wil never have this problem again so im gonna explain my problem 1 more time with details so pls help me and if i you was right that the psu was the problem is it good for me to buy the CORSAIR TX-M Series TX650M

I was trying to play r6s and everything went perfect the fps where high and i had no problem suddently my pc restarts itself i see NO BLUE SCREEN just a normal restart and ecerything is back to normal and it cant be a virus because i wiped my ssd and hdd everything was new.
After the restart i tried playing siege again and the same thing happend. I did this 1 more time and then i realized that there was a loud noise i couldn't hear before because of my headset. I take a look and start feeling around my pc below my pc it was cool that is the place where my gpu is . On the back middel it was cool too thats the place where my cpu is. I feld the front an it was cool too that is where my ssd hdd is and the only place that was so hot i almost couldn't even touch it was my psu and it was blasting really hard and my whole room smelled like a burned psu.

So is the problem that my psu is too weak because its cheap and it cant give constant power to my components. My psu says its 500 watt but alot of people tell me its the peak ot can go but it cnat stay like that for a long time.

Or is the problem my motherboard being to weak or my cpu needs to work hard to catch up with my gpu

Btw i tried only using 50% of my gpu and it runned for a bit longer but i could hear my psu getting louder and louder and hotter and hotter but then i got scared it would crash again so i turned of my pc but im pretty sure if i didn't turn off my pc it would restarts itself again.

Tnx again for helping me this is a really hard situation because al my friends are playing games and im just laying in bed looking for solutions in my summer vacation.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Unfortunately, the AM3 stuff is mostly out of my expertise. From what I've heard, even the boards that officially supported the 125W CPUs would sometimes have issues.

HOWEVER - I do know for a fact that the PSU you have is absolutely horrible and CANNOT support this load. 125W for the FX 8350, and 120W for the GTX 1060 already puts you at 245W. That doesn't even count the power draw from the SSD/HHDs, motherboard, RAM, fans, etc.

You're lucky that thing hasn't burned up. I wouldn't trust that power supply to run a calculator.

Reactions: HASANL
Jun 11, 2019
Unfortunately, the AM3 stuff is mostly out of my expertise. From what I've heard, even the boards that officially supported the 125W CPUs would sometimes have issues.

HOWEVER - I do know for a fact that the PSU you have is absolutely horrible and CANNOT support this load. 125W for the FX 8350, and 120W for the GTX 1060 already puts you at 245W. That doesn't even count the power draw from the SSD/HHDs, motherboard, RAM, fans, etc.

You're lucky that thing hasn't burned up. I wouldn't trust that power supply to run a calculator.
Okay i wil wait a month til i have enough money for the psu and i wil inform you later about it if it worked. Tnxx for helping noobies like me you really helped me out

Reactions: King_V