I have a gtx 770 rig, but how much is it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sololuke16

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
how much to sell my old gaming pc for?
I have a phenom 2 x4 cpu frequency is 3.5 ghz, my mobo died and i was going to replace it with
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157839
or something int the $70 range being a full sized atx board

I have 8gb ram at 133mhz i paid nearly $80 but is now worth $92 but I dont think I should charge more than what I paid for it plus another 4 gb stich at 1333 but I dont know if they would work together well.

I would sell it with my gtx 770 4 gb which now is worth about 140 - $150 and I can run witcher 3 at medium steady, sometimes frames drop to around 30 momentarily.

I would need to buy a new case ~$30 and a 500 gb HDD <$80 and eaither windows 7 or 10

pair all that with a 500- 600 watt PSU rated 80 plus from a good brand, prboably corsair, non module, no more that $75

Full tower cpu cooler with 120 mm fan, used

Its basically my old rig but some parts will be new because I want to keep my case and hard drives and cd drive and PSU. The 770 video card is the most my cpu can handle but with the am3+ slot the cpu could eventually be upgraded to acomidate a 1050 or more so there is potential for it to run future games on low/medum. I can steadily run overwatch, PUBG, fallout 4 on high. cryisis 3 on high but witcher 3 on medium around 40 fps, low at 50 or more while older games like titan fall over 100 fps, it can be a low/ medium range gaming pc for the entire next gen so I was thinking maybe $500? but because of the ability to upgrade slightly with a new am3+ cpu it maybe will add to the value? I would keep it if its worth less than $400 becuase then I could invite friends over and we could easily lan some nazi zombies or overwatch. so let me know if it would be worth anyones time at $500, I dont want to rip anyone off like I see so many people on ebay do with terrible video cars or very risky psu choices.

Please let me know exactly what you think someone should pay for what is a new / used rig of this caliber. It has served me well but the HDD will be new western digital Black, kingston ram 8 gb used + 4g used, corsair psu new, bare bones case new, probably 2 case fans, 120 mm new; I would probably install some games pirated like black ops 2 zombies, black ops zombies, waw zombies, lego pirates, wolfensteing 2, gta v and maybe fallout nv and 3, plus skyrim game of the year and witcher 3 (no dlc) plus elder scrolls 4. I was thining pre installed games (craacked) would add maybe $50 to establish my $500 theoretical price. any others you think I should add is no problem to help establish asking price, dlc is somewhat of an issue on certain games. so what do you think?

sololuke16

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
a gtx cpu could run a gtx 1060 or so without running new games on low, its possible that it would last someone 7 years if they were willing to put some money into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS