I have a h110 msi board can I oc i5 6600k

Anshu1999

Prominent
May 12, 2017
I know it's stupid to ask so but I have a slight advantage my motherboard is not listed anywhere on internet it was a special Mobo ( I'm 100% sure about that) it has a oc tab in bios and it also has 4 ram slots which we don't see in normal h110 chipset as u can see im currently useing g4560 which is non oc (lock) soo the oc is blocked

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What 'special' H110 motherboard is it? It'll have a model number somewhere.

The H110 chipset can only support 2 memory channels and 1x memory module per channel.
It's not a manufacturer choice on H110 boards, it's a chipset limitation AFAIK.

As for an OC options, I'd be surprised if anything more than BCLCK OCing was enabled, even with a compatible, unlocked CPU.

Anshu1999

Prominent
May 12, 2017

Msi h110 pro vdhp it's no where on internet
Pic 1
Pic 2

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I can only speculate, but I would suspect, what you have is a prototype board for the H110PRO-VDP or VD, opposed to a "special" board. Now, why that has a retail box, I've no idea.

Do you have a picture of the board specifically, not just the box?

The OC features, similarly, were likely a prototype/trial. As the motherboard, in essence, doesn't exist - there's no product page to acquire BIOS updates.
I'd expect future BIOS updates (like on the VD or VDP) would've removed the OCing screen. Very strange that the board supports a G4560 though, as that H110 probably should've needed a BIOS update to support KabyLake.

So, *could* you OC a 6600K on that board? Possibly.
I'd wouldn't expect it to be overly stable though, as the H110 chipset boards usually have pretty basic VRM structures.

Have you actually populated all 4 DIMM slots? I'd be curious whether they'd even work together. I don't believe the chipset supports that....

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Looking at the OP's second image though, it clearly shows 4x DIMM slots..... which aren't present on the H110-PRO-VD in the link you posted.

I saw it too, as the title is correct. I thought perhaps just a regional variant..... but the board is definitely different.

Anshu1999

Prominent
May 12, 2017

No I don't use 4 ram tougher in 2 stick of 4 gb
And
Yes I do get bios update
And more over I actually demanded a bios update from msi to email me to run 7 gen CPU after that I got a new bios update 2 month later so.. yea is not a plototype
And I got specification too

Anshu1999

Prominent
May 12, 2017

So please reply in simple words can I oc a 6 gen i5 irrespective of k or non k type ???

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If you have to contact MSI for BIOS update(s), then it's not a "retail" board.

Perhaps prototype was the wrong choice of phrase on my part, but given it's not a consumer board with information available about it - nobody is going to be able to tell you definitively that "yes, you can OC" or "no, you can't". It's going to be 100% guesswork.

I'd be very curious whether all 4x DIMM slots work though - if you ever get round to testing that, please let me know.

Maybe.

Probably BCLCK at most. Even if you can OC (fully or BCLCK), I would imaging stability will be a bit of an issue, but I don't know for sure.

Anshu1999

Prominent
May 12, 2017

Anshu1999

Prominent
May 12, 2017

I don't got that much cash and
I contacted msi as this board was not available on site
And moreover they said that the board is 100% genuine and I even registered ad with MS I by the serial number and the live update features from Msi helps me to update bios and other things
And for god sake please stop saying get prototype that's f****** annoying me I am feeling like I got just cheated

If it's performing as expected and you did not pay more than it's worth, you've not been cheated.

It does not seem to be a commercially available board, so the word Prototype (a first, typical or preliminary model of something, especially a machine, from which other forms are developed or copied.), is within the realm of possibility.
Nobody has claimed it's not genuine.
You have something unique and cool.

That said only trial and error can answer your question.

Anshu1999

Prominent
May 12, 2017

Thanks dude nice to talk u