I have a Hp compaq desktop windows 7.What kind of video driver do i need to allo

pacman501

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
I have a Hp compaq desktop windows 7.What kind of video driver do i need to allow my vga screen splitter adaptor to allow me to use dual screens?NOT MIRRORED SCREENS,BUT DUAL SCREENS FOR MORE SPACE.

pacman501

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
THANKS FOR TRYING TO HELP BOSS. I NOTICED ON MY SCREEN RESOLUTION OPTIONS THERE WASNT ANY MULTIPE SCREEN OPTIONS OR EXTEND. ONLY ONE SCREEN WAS DETECTED AND IDENTIFIED.I SEE HOW THE SCREENS MIRROR EACH OTHER, BUT I NEED DUAL MONITOR WORKSPACE.I WANT TO IDENTIFY SCREEN#1 AND IDENTIFY SCREEN#2. DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD A VIDEO DRIVER FOR (HP DESKTOP P2-1033wb.)lcd monitor

If you're using a simple "Y" splitter then you can only display the same thing on both monitors. The fact that you're not seeing multiple monitors detected pretty much ices it. You need a video adapter with multiple connectors, each monitor connected to it's own feed.

dademurphy

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
As others have already said, the use of a "vga screen splitter adapter" is not going to allow for an extended desktop - it will only mirror the monitors and you will end up with duplicate displays of a single workspace. You will need to either use two different video ports (DVI & VGA) or you can add a second or third monitor using a USB to vga adapter or something similar.

There is no "driver" which will be able to fix your issue.