[SOLVED] i have a hp omen that came w/ 8gb of ram(1 stick) i got 23 gbs of ram @3200 ghz and i cant update the speed in bios

Sep 10, 2020
i have a hp omen that came w/ 8gb of ram(1 stick) i got 23 gbs of ram @3200 ghz and i cant update the speed in bios

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
its 32 GB of ram not 23 had a typo.
Ok that makes more sense. The small improvement you would see going from 2133 to 3200 on an Intel platform isn't worth the cost. And being an OEM system you may have to replace more than the motherboard(depending on the model it may require a new case, cpu cooler and PSU) just for that small boost.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

I appreciate you want help, but we'll need much more information :)

What is the rest of your system specification?
When you say you can't update the speed, what do you mean exactly? It faults? You can't access it?
What is the speed of your current RAM module?
What slots have you got them installed in?

On top of this, mixed RAM modules are not guaranteed compatibility.

Sep 10, 2020
Welcome to the forums my friend!

I appreciate you want help, but we'll need much more information :)

What is the rest of your system specification?
When you say you can't update the speed, what do you mean exactly? It faults? You can't access it?
What is the speed of your current RAM module?
What slots have you got them installed in?

On top of this, mixed RAM modules are not guaranteed compatibility.

cpu - i7-9700
gpu-1660-ti

the speed in task manager says its running at 2133mhz and when i go to bios there is no where for me to change the speeds

i only have 2 slots for the ram sticks and that is where they're a

and they're the same ram sticks.

Sep 10, 2020
cpu - i7-9700
gpu-1660-ti

the speed in task manager says its running at 2133mhz and when i go to bios there is no where for me to change the speeds

i only have 2 slots for the ram sticks and that is where they're a

and they're the same ram sticks.
its 32 gb of ram that i got not 23... typo

Sep 10, 2020
Ok that makes more sense. The small improvement you would see going from 2133 to 3200 on an Intel platform isn't worth the cost. And being an OEM system you may have to replace more than the motherboard(depending on the model it may require a new case, cpu cooler and PSU) just for that small boost.
gotcha, w/ that being said , does the 32 gbs make a difference from the 8 ? ik its a bumb question but like i said im new to all of this