Question I have a HP Pavilion 15-cc184cl past HP support it doesn't let me plug in the power cord

travistee

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2016
Today I tried to plug in the power cord and it doen't go in all the way so I can't charge it.
Yes it is the correct cord and power adapter that I have always been using.

What do you think happened? Is this HP's way of telling me it can't be used anymore or something less sinister?
The HP support ended in March?
Did you ever hear of anything like this?

If this helps?
system info

Last edited:
HP Support has nothing to do with this, they arent sabotaging your device. If they had the capability to do so (they dont) and did (they didnt) it would ruin their business as nobody would buy their products.
Chances are something is stuck inside the port or the plug, or something is broken inside the port or the plug.

travistee

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2016
HP Support has nothing to do with this, they arent sabotaging your device. If they had the capability to do so (they dont) and did (they didnt) it would ruin their business as nobody would buy their products.
Chances are something is stuck inside the port or the plug, or something is broken inside the port or the plug.

That's true it's not HP support just covering all the bases.
The charging socket is physically damaged. I'm looking for a youtube video on how to get it out and replace it. I haven't seen one that looks exactly like mine. The wire connections are not the same as I have.

It's a HP Pavilion 15-cc184cl

charging socket connections

charging socket with screws out

Last edited: