I have a i5 4670k and 16gb trident x 2400 MHz ram. I was wondering if loading the XMP profile is all I have to do or do I have

Solution
Should be nothing more than enable XMP in the BIOS and select 2400 - however, not all 4670K can carry 2400 at stock settings, so if it has a problem, give it a slight OC to 4.0 (simply raise the multiplier to 40 or go ahead and can OC to 4.2 with the auto OC

Eeessttaa

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
Ok I'm new obviously and I posted this completely wrong. But here's what I was asking. I have a i5 4670k and 16gb trident x 2400 MHz ram. I was wondering if loading the XMP profile is all I have to do or do I have

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Should be nothing more than enable XMP in the BIOS and select 2400 - however, not all 4670K can carry 2400 at stock settings, so if it has a problem, give it a slight OC to 4.0 (simply raise the multiplier to 40 or go ahead and can OC to 4.2 with the auto OC

Solution

Eeessttaa

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
Ok so I don't have to increase the voltage of the memory controller or cpu. I understand that I might have to over volt to overclock the cpu but I don't need to increase voltage for memory controller or anything like that??

Eeessttaa

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
Ok so I over locked it to 4 ghz. And I ran prime95 blend test for 24 hours without error. But when I try to running super pi it fails or crashes. I don't get why. Any help would be much appreciated.

Eeessttaa

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014

I already have my cpu at 1.2 just to get the oc stable. I think I got a bad chip. I will try both though and see what comes of it. Thank you

Eeessttaa

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
Yes I tried everything at stock. And it booted and everything but programs won't start and stuff like that. That's the part that I don't understand is even at stock it is having issues. I've gotten this build to work perfectly fine before. It runs fine for like a month or so and then it starts giving me errors again.

Eeessttaa

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014

I have the latest bios. I haven't been able to install any drivers because of this. But I will see if I can find a way to get them on there. I'm iust confused because when I installed the os onto this setup before I didn't run into any problems at all.

Eeessttaa

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
I tried pulling the sticks out and that didn't work. Ok so I found an old amd board of mine and I put my ram and all my other stuff into and it is working perfectly fine. I don't get why my intel board isn't working for it. I would prefer to use my intel board and proc because they are a lot nicer.

Eeessttaa

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014

Ok I will try loosening it. I probably do have it a little too tight.

Eeessttaa

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014

Ok so I loosened it. And then I tightened back down a little bit. So it's snug. Still crashing but I'll keep trying.