[SOLVED] I have a i5 4690 what GPU?

Jul 8, 2019
So I want to upgrade my GPU. I have a i5 4690 currently. What GPU above 300 but not above 400 is good? And maybe I need to upgrade the CPU too, what ya think? Appreciate any responses. I use my computer for day trading. But I'm thinking seriously about starting to play I-racing on it.

Solution
Your current setup should be able to handle it with a new GPU. If you want to spend $300-$400 bucks on an upgrade, then you'll need the works : motherboard, RAM, CPU and GPU. A B450 with a Ryzen 3600 and some RAM is the most cost-effective and forward-looking solution, but you wouldn't have any budget left for a proper GPU. And in that case, cheaper would be no better than what you already have. You could try getting a better CPU for your current platform, but it wouldn't help that much (Haswell i7 don't bring much over i5, and you'd only get actual results with a massive overclock) and would be a dead-end anyway.
Jul 8, 2019
Thanks for all the responses. My monitors are brand new, great monitors BenQ GL2580 2ms 1920 x 1080. I'm willing to up my CPU in order to get a GPU that will play I-racing. And yes I meant 300 dollars to like 400. I could go 450. Appreciate all the thought, ty

Your current setup should be able to handle it with a new GPU. If you want to spend $300-$400 bucks on an upgrade, then you'll need the works : motherboard, RAM, CPU and GPU. A B450 with a Ryzen 3600 and some RAM is the most cost-effective and forward-looking solution, but you wouldn't have any budget left for a proper GPU. And in that case, cheaper would be no better than what you already have. You could try getting a better CPU for your current platform, but it wouldn't help that much (Haswell i7 don't bring much over i5, and you'd only get actual results with a massive overclock) and would be a dead-end anyway.

Solution