[SOLVED] I have a i7-7740x and this CPU reaches 80-90c while gaming. Is it normal for this specific cpu to reach this temps? and is it safe?

Solution
If I could how does one adjust the pump speed. I have been trying to make sure I get the most out of a new aio and haven't been seeing much improvement over the stock cooler for my 2600x.

I got a deepcool castle 240ex with 2 rgb 1800rpm 120mm fans added to it. I reached 75 degrees in prime 95 after 20 mins. the radiator is in the front set to intake and those fans and one exhaust fan in the back are all connected with the included fan splitter.

i also have 2 fans on the top, I wanted to add another intake fan in the front but was having issues getting it to fit. but the fans on the top, one is intake one is exhaust. i normally would only set fans on top as exhaust but I wanted more intake and had no where else to place it.

Case is...
Before you buy anything though, there are things you can do to lower your temps.

1.) Adjust your cooler's fan speed and ensure the pump speed is set to maximum.
2.) Ensure proper airflow in your case. How many fans do you have?
3.) Adjust/tweak vcore voltage in BIOS. You find a guide if you don't know anything about it.

Jul 30, 2019
A one fan small radiator liquid cooler is actually worse than some air coolers. I wouyld invest in something else. If you want liquid cooling go with at least 240 sized radiator.

w1418826

Honorable
Mar 25, 2015
If I could how does one adjust the pump speed. I have been trying to make sure I get the most out of a new aio and haven't been seeing much improvement over the stock cooler for my 2600x.

I got a deepcool castle 240ex with 2 rgb 1800rpm 120mm fans added to it. I reached 75 degrees in prime 95 after 20 mins. the radiator is in the front set to intake and those fans and one exhaust fan in the back are all connected with the included fan splitter.

i also have 2 fans on the top, I wanted to add another intake fan in the front but was having issues getting it to fit. but the fans on the top, one is intake one is exhaust. i normally would only set fans on top as exhaust but I wanted more intake and had no where else to place it.

Case is a phanteks eclipse p400s, which is not known for its airflow..

Solution