[SOLVED] I have a Intel DH61WW motherboard and I recently upgraded to a rx 470 4gb but I am not getting any display what should I do?

Solution
Could be several reasons: inadequate PSU, additional power from the PSU not connected, GPU cable still connected to the onboard card instead of your new GPU, BIOS settings have not been changed to use PCI-e card as a first display device (instead of onboard GPU), and so on.

If none of the above is true, then your board does not support UEFI, and GPU requires it in order to work.

However, to my knowledge, updating the BIOS on your motherboard to the latest version should add UEFI support. That being said, it probably won't be easy to find it.
Could be several reasons: inadequate PSU, additional power from the PSU not connected, GPU cable still connected to the onboard card instead of your new GPU, BIOS settings have not been changed to use PCI-e card as a first display device (instead of onboard GPU), and so on.

If none of the above is true, then your board does not support UEFI, and GPU requires it in order to work.

However, to my knowledge, updating the BIOS on your motherboard to the latest version should add UEFI support. That being said, it probably won't be easy to find it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS