I have a mid-2010 27" iMac that is having hard drive problems

Jun 20, 2018
As the title says I have a mid-2010 27" iMac (https://everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i7-2.93-27-inch-aluminum-mid-2010-specs.html) that is having issues with booting to an operating system from the internal hard drive, or from anywhere.
Originally it had some version of Mac OS X on it, but I got it used and it had a password, so I booted into the recovery utility and ran some commands to get around the password. I got the password removed and it restarted into an unlocked computer, one time. The next time I tried to use it it said something about an invalid node structure and it refused to boot OS X. As a result I created a Ubuntu install USB and installed Ubuntu, that worked for a while, but now it shows me the white screen, then it has like a burgandy color scroll down the screen, then it just stays on a black screen and does nothing, at all.
Please let me know if you can help any.

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Have you tried to re-install OSX?

If you don't have media then you will need to buy, your seller should have provided you with the original install media.

Alternately take it to an Apple centre (with proof of purchase) and they can help you recover.