Question I have a motherboard overheating problem

Apr 1, 2019
So I've been having a problem with my motherboard overheating recently
I have a MSI ME-7641
AMD-FX 4300
Radeon Rx 550
4 fans

Randomly my pc will spike to over 80 degrees at random mainly while I play a game

I have installed a new power supply, new fans, changed bios, set GPU fans to high, moved where my computer is located and still nothing

If anyone has any ideas as to what I should do please help!

It's possible your fans are not setup optimally, one way to quickly check is to pop the lid off and see if temps improve. If so, you may need to relocate fans in the case.

What case do you have and what fans do you have? (# of intake / # of exhaust, etc)

Also would be good to know, which temp sensor is reading the high value?

Apr 1, 2019
It's possible your fans are not setup optimally, one way to quickly check is to pop the lid off and see if temps improve. If so, you may need to relocate fans in the case.

What case do you have and what fans do you have? (# of intake / # of exhaust, etc)

Also would be good to know, which temp sensor is reading the high value?
I have 2 Intake and 2 exhaust
One intake and exhaust on the top
And 2 on the bottom
My sensor is a Fintik F71868A/878A

I have 2 Intake and 2 exhaust
One intake and exhaust on the top
And 2 on the bottom
My sensor is a Fintik F71868A/878A
Ok that sounds like a typical balanced fan config - and apologies, I had meant which sensor on the board - e.g. on my b450 board I have these sensors:

Sensor / current / min / max / avg (from HWiNFO64, in Celcius)
motherboard / 29 / 21 / 43 / 29.7
auxiliary / 76 / 68 / 79 / 75.5
CPU(PECI) / 40 / 40 / 40 / 40

I believe the AUX sensor is near the CPU VRM, that is pretty high most of the time, and my CPU mobo sensor appears to be a dud (while the cpu sensor reports 30.5 / 26.6 / 67.8).

Are you reading you AUX sensor as well for the high temp?

Also did you try with the lid off and force-cool with a fan? If so any difference?

Which case do you have?