I have a new HDD that I put the OS in(Windows 7 Ultimate) but my new rig is booting from the old HDD.

Long Silog

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015
How can I prioritize the booting so that the new HDD is always the priority or even better is how can I delete the old OS from the old HDD.

Long Silog

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015

How do I stop the system? And can I remove the OS without formatting the whole drive? I still have files on my old drive 1.8tb worth of files if not how can I transfer files from my old OS to the new one while using my computer? I don't want to wait for the files to transfer while I can't use the computer.

Long Silog

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015

Old 2tb WD Caviar Black
New 3tb WD Caviar Green

I was looking for a temporary solution to my problem(Boot priority) but I realized that I'm still going to transfer OS to Caviar Black again as it boots faster. Just need to transfer files.

Change the bootdisk to the hdd you want to boot from while the old one is connected. Once youre in windows format the old hdd

How exactly can you remove the OS, if you dont format it??

Is the 1.8 tb whatever it is on the same partition on this hdd, or are the files you need on another partition?

And I take it the old hdd was on this before, (not on another system)? Because you cant copy from one to the other if its from another system

The only other way youre going to do it is connect both boot change the bootdisk to the one you want to boot from.

Copy whatever from the old to the new then format the old hdd

Long Silog

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015

Tried choosing to boot priority the new HDD but it keeps on reverting back to default and keeps on booting old HDD when I startup my rig.

Same partition

Other system.

Going try thatlike what scout_03 recommended. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS