[SOLVED] I have a packet loss issue I can't seem to fix.

Andyboy96

Honorable
Sep 21, 2014
So I have moved to a place where the modem is located away from my room. It's only a few meters away, but I can't run a cable through the wall. I have bought an extender and I have connected a cable from the extender to my pc. This is the same setup I had at home and it worked perfectly, but here I get a lot of packet loss. I've tried to connect my laptop directly from the modem, but I receive nearly the same amount of packet loss... How do I fix this?

Solution
If you have packet loss when connected to the modem, then it is either the cable from the modem to the outside of the house or an ISP problem. You could try a different cable from the modem to the ISP terminal at the side of the house. But other than that, all you can do is call your ISP.

kanewolf

Titan
If you have packet loss when connected to the modem, then it is either the cable from the modem to the outside of the house or an ISP problem. You could try a different cable from the modem to the ISP terminal at the side of the house. But other than that, all you can do is call your ISP.

Solution