I have a problem in booting my computer..?

jetchan

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
I have Problem with my PC which is not Boot well When I attempt to boot, it will take anywhere from 1 to 4 times to properly boot into Windows.

After few times when i opened my pc it says in black screen "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" i already checked the disc room if there's any cd on it and i checked also the usb port but there is nothing inserted in the ports so i assumed that the problem in my pc is inside of the tower.but it's not working and i just supposed that my hard disk also corrupted i am so much upset what to do now.

If the system boots at all now, copy your files and settings to a backup drive now.

Then you can see if your system has a drive checking utility in the BIOS. If not you can use another program to test it, this should work http://hddguru.com/software/2006.01.22-HDDScan/

If the drive is usable after it boots, you can try to clone the drive to a new one and not loose anything (this is AFTER you backup your files NOW this second when you read this). Clonezilla is a nice free program you can use for that.

jetchan

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

Dear Hang,

Thank you very much for your reply i copy my all files and setting in my backup drive.
The link provided by you is ok but dear its not work for me have another solution i am so much appreciate of your help thanks

jetchan

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

Hi Hang,

Once again thank you very much for your reply as you asked for bran of Hard disk i want to say i used SATA Hard disk so dear can told me something more valuable information .

Thank you

jetchan

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

Oh You want to know about Brand this is IBM but i don't understand why you want to know about brand.

Is HD brand is depend on Recovery of my Data?

You said you already copied your data to another drive. Now you want to find out if your current drive is usable or not. To do that you need to find out the brand of the hard-drive and see if the vendor has a disk scan utility. If it's an IBM computer, they do have a utility CD you can download that has a hardware scanner, including a disk check.

Or just buy a new hard-drive and restore the operating system on that, would be safer to do anyway.

jetchan

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

Dear Hang,

Thank you for reply i don't want to buy other hard drive and which type of Utility CD you are talking about can you please describe if it is possible to me i want to tack this cd.

I did describe it. Go to the hard-drive vendor's web site, or the computer vendors, look for a drive check utility, it should be downloadable as an iso file for you to make a disk from.

You may not want to buy a new drive, but if you want your computer to work and not crash and lose your data, you may need to.

jetchan

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

Hi Hang,

Thank for your valuable answer but can you please told me some vendor address for online purpose if possible.

jetchan

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

Thank you i got vendor address and try to ask them.

jetchan

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
Jetchan I think so that you have a critical problem with your hard disk you should be used a third data recovery software .

Actually i suggest you about third party data recovery as you not satisfied with the answer of Mr Hang.

There are so may software just used Google and put your desire Keyword you can find out some list of software choose any of them in your case of Hard disk you can search with "Hard Disk recovery Software"

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your suggestion as your information i know well about search Engine and how to search a keyword so no need in help of how to search any keyword on search engine but your suggestion is always welcomed if you recommended me some useful Application.