Question I have a problem on installing RAM ?

Mar 29, 2024
My specs are:
cpu: i3-4160
motherboard: MSI H81M-P33
gpu: Nvidia Geforce GT 630(planning to change swap it with an RX 580)
psu: 750 watts
The ram is called kingston hyper x fury 8gb ddr3 1600mhz. The part number is HX316C10F/8.

I got my pc prebuilt and I really want to upgrade it to play some of the popular modern games. My motherboard comes in with a single ram 4gb and it was from transcend. I want to upgrade my ram to 16gb so I bought a ram kit. I switched up the old ram and installed the new ones. As I tried opening it my monitor only says "No Signal" which means is that its not connecting, I tried only installing 1 of the two new rams and it worked. Why does that? The ram works fine, I tried it both.

(sorry for my bad english)

Edit: Also found out that I have two bent pins on the socket, I hope that isn't the cause.

Mar 29, 2024
My specs are:
cpu: i3-4160
motherboard: MSI H81M-P33
gpu: Nvidia Geforce GT 630(planning to change swap it with an RX 580)
psu: 750 watts
The ram is called kingston hyper x fury 8gb ddr3 1600mhz. The part number is HX316C10F/8.

I got my pc prebuilt and I really want to upgrade it to play some of the popular modern games. My motherboard comes in with a single ram 4gb and it was from transcend. I want to upgrade my ram to 16gb so I bought a ram kit. I switched up the old ram and installed the new ones. As I tried opening it my monitor only says "No Signal" which means is that its not connecting, I tried only installing 1 of the two new rams and it worked. Why does that? The ram works fine, I tried it both.

(sorry for my bad english)

Edit: Also found out that I have two bent pins on the socket, I hope that isn't the case.
try install them in slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 from left 2 right when your looking at cpu and pcie down side, today in our modern motherboards 1 kit install is in 2 and 4 slots.

Reactions: clientre_marc