I have a problem with my monitor to computer connection it seems.

YUMHI12

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
Hi, I built a computer recently, and today I went to try to attach it to my monitor (with a HDMI to DVI port, DVI in the monitor HDMI in the graphics card, if thats useful.)

First a NO SIGNAL INPUT- ANALOG message came up, I pressed source on my screen, it switched to digital and nothing happened on the screen besides the power light flashing,. I posted to here, did some wire adjustment, readjusted some components, fixed other issues I hadn't previously noticed. But my monitor and or computer still hates me.

I tried connecting it to a TV screen, nothing worked but then again I had no idea what I was doing, so, I don't know if thats a great judge.

I need some help, what could be causing this, I'm going insane here.

Information that may be helpful: Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster E2420 MOBO: Asus M5 A97 LE R2.0 Graphics card: Asus Radeon R9 270X
Additionally the screen and computer are connected with a HDMI to DVI cable (not converter, cable).
I also have my windows 8 disk in my computers optical drive, nothing has installed.

YUMHI12

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013

Its not a new monitor, I would have no idea where the old cable is. I'll try and look though.

YUMHI12

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013

So I tried connecting my laptop to the monitor with the cable I have. It worked. I tried taking out the graphics card and reseating it, still nothing. What could this be?

Actually it is possible the PCIe slot is faulty, though that's somewhat uncommon. Try it in the other slot on the board. If that doesn't work, it's most likely the card.