I have a problem with my PC...HELP!!!!

JMello

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
My PC is only a couple of months old, it is really good for playing games, browsing the web etc. I am using windows 10 and I am really stressed that I cannot even do anything on it. The problem started a few days ago...

When I turn my computer on it has a black screen with a cursor for 5-10 minutes. After that I log in normally. However, when I get to the actual desktop it can take another 5 minutes to fully load. Once it has loaded I cannot even click anything! If I do manage to it can take up to half an hour to load it! And when this has finished it always comes up with a message saying something like "cannot connect to steam servers" (if I try to load steam).

My computer does seem to run normally when I am in 'Safe Mode'.

Can I get some help with this? I have been looking far 3 days and have found nothing helpful.

Solution
from another pc run a virus scan and malware scan to make sure none of the other pc are infected. go to any of the big anti virus company and download there rescure iso image for cd or usb stick. boot from the rescue image and see if it a virus or plug in your hard drive into a pc with the newest anti virus installed. (if you dont have a lot of funds avast/avg/bitdefender all have free home anti virus software). scan all hard drive see if you can remove the virus.
from another pc run a virus scan and malware scan to make sure none of the other pc are infected. go to any of the big anti virus company and download there rescure iso image for cd or usb stick. boot from the rescue image and see if it a virus or plug in your hard drive into a pc with the newest anti virus installed. (if you dont have a lot of funds avast/avg/bitdefender all have free home anti virus software). scan all hard drive see if you can remove the virus.

Solution

JMello

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016

I would like to reinstall it but I don't have the windows disk, so I don't think I can.

cosmoji

Reputable
Aug 7, 2015
you can create install media by downloading it from microsoft. you can make a dvd, or a usb, and (im sure somebody will correct me if im wrong) you dont need a key for windows 10 to reinstall, the windows servers should recognize your hardware if you've already validated the license and automatically re-validate.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
I would re-install the OS and invest in either a disk imager (i.e. Macrium Reflect) or a snapshot program (i.e. Rollback rx). It sounds like you don't have many options for recovery so take this as a lesson that you need to beef up your options.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
What is the model number of your PC?
Windows 10 has a built in re-install. You can get to it by doing this 2 to 3 times in a row:
Hold the power button down for 10 seconds while either in Windows or while it is booting
It will load the repair and recovery thing that it does. Follow the prompts to refresh the PC, and if you choose to remove everything you will have a fresh build of Windows 10 with all your stuff gone.