Question I have a rackmount server that has a 21 hard drives, can delta fans bring the temp down to ambient temp?

Aztec7

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
I have a room in a different building where no one stays there, i'm thinking of putting the server there, the ambient temp is 35 degrees celcius, can delta fan (yes the noisy fans) bring the temperature of my server (more importantly the hard drives) close to ambient temperature like 38-39 degrees? I have my server in my room for about 2 years now, my room is a bit cooler like 30 degrees but my ears hurt already from the noise and the fan is not delta fans. I'm thinking of replacing them with delta fans, anyone have experience with delta fans?

Lutfij

Titan
You're going to need to introduce cooling outside of traditional air and fans to bring your temps to near ambient. In fact since we're dealing with a server(regardless of what the server does day to day) you're gong to have to cool the room with an air conditioner. The feed of cooler air will help you bring those temps down.

Reactions: Aztec7

Aztec7

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
You're going to need to introduce cooling outside of traditional air and fans to bring your temps to near ambient. In fact since we're dealing with a server(regardless of what the server does day to day) you're gong to have to cool the room with an air conditioner. The feed of cooler air will help you bring those temps down.
Thank you! I guess i have no choice but to use a air conditioner.