Question I have a reyzen 5 processor with a rx 570 and I want to upgrade it, what would be the best gpu to upgrade it to right now

soaringhigh123

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
I am new to the desktop world. The last time i had a desktop was in like 2007... and it was a pre-built soo cut me some slack please.. thank you. The reason why i want to upgrade is because the computer is having some trouble playing some new games. It Constantly crashes after playing the game for some time. ALSO, the rx 570 I'm using is overclocked.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 29 °C
14nm Technology

RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)

Motherboard
ASRock B450 Gaming-ITX/ac (AM4) 41 °C

Graphics
HA230 (1920x1080@75Hz)
4096MB ATI Radeon RX 570 Series (C.P. Technology) 43 °C

Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000LPLX-08ZNTT0 (SATA ) 33 °C
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000LPLX-08ZNTT0 (SATA ) 31 °C
111GB KINGSTON SA400M8120G (SATA-2 (SSD)) 46 °C

Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected

Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device

POWER SUPPLY: GIGABYTE G750H 80 Plus Gold 750W, Modular, Smart Fan, Smart Power Protection, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply GP-G750H https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7JHVDW/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_apa_i_90zqDbRFK5D46

Last edited:
first we need full specs, 'reyzen' 5 only wont do... then we need your budget. To be quite frankly, idk how and when and even why this bottleneck culture arose but people gets overly worried with this almost myth lately, while frankly processors can simply be slapped on with a 2080 ti overclocked and all, no problemo señor.

soaringhigh123

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
How do i get the full specs of my computer so i can just post them here. Also, I kind of just want to stick with AMD since that's what I've been using because Nvidia is a little too expensive for me at the moment.

How do i get the full specs of my computer so i can just post them here. Also, I kind of just want to stick with AMD since that's what I've been using because Nvidia is a little too expensive for me at the moment.

well thats an interesting question, one way to do it is literally to open your case and check your parts, your ram will have their model on it, the mobo will have its name written somewhere, but this you can check on the bios screen by pressing del several times after your pc boots, or you could use speccy.

theres a thousand ways to tell whats your system specs, but opening it and checking is the most straightfoward

soaringhigh123

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 29 °C
14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
ASRock B450 Gaming-ITX/ac (AM4) 41 °C
Graphics
HA230 (1920x1080@75Hz)
4096MB ATI Radeon RX 570 Series (C.P. Technology) 43 °C
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000LPLX-08ZNTT0 (SATA ) 33 °C
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000LPLX-08ZNTT0 (SATA ) 31 °C
111GB KINGSTON SA400M8120G (SATA-2 (SSD)) 46 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device

soaringhigh123

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
GIGABYTE G750H 80 Plus Gold 750W, Modular, Smart Fan, Smart Power Protection, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply GP-G750H https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7JHVDW/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_apa_i_90zqDbRFK5D46

The main reason why I want to upgrade is because my pc is having problems running some games like Fortnite, pubg, etc. They'll run and then crash after a couple of minutes in game. It'll freeze then the application hang pop up will happen. Then crash.

what's the difference between blower and non-blower?

It depends if you prefer a blower style cooling, or a single/dual/triple fan design for the PCB (Open Air). But these reference type GPUs can get noisy under load though. It also depends on what type of ATX cabinet you are having.

The blower cooler will help push the hot air from the near of the chassis. It sucks air in through the single fan in the front of the card and blows it out of the back. It is important to note that even though all blower-type coolers use a single-fan design, not all single-fan cards are blower-style.

Exhausting air out the back of the card helps in cases with poor airflow since there is no hot air blown into the case; conversely, it is exhausted outside of the chassis.

On the other hand, the volume of that air is usually so small that the single tiny fan must spin much faster to cool the GPU properly, meaning most blower style cards are susceptible to higher temperatures and noise levels compared to their competition. Blower coolers are generally most useful in mini-ITX cases and/or multi-GPU setups, where there is not enough case airflow available to sustain an open-air cooler design.

The logic behind open-air cards is also simple, a cooler with a single, double, or triple fan that blows cold air from the outside onto a heatsink – either directly or indirectly cooling the GPU. The radiator usually consists of fins that have heatpipes running through them. Blower-style cards use smaller heatsinks, which is one of the reasons why their cooling capacity is much smaller.

soaringhigh123

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
It depends if you prefer a blower style cooling, or a single/dual/triple fan design for the PCB (Open Air). But these reference type GPUs can get noisy under load though. It also depends on what type of ATX cabinet you are having.

The blower cooler will help push the hot air from the near of the chassis. It sucks air in through the single fan in the front of the card and blows it out of the back. It is important to note that even though all blower-type coolers use a single-fan design, not all single-fan cards are blower-style.

Exhausting air out the back of the card helps in cases with poor airflow since there is no hot air blown into the case; conversely, it is exhausted outside of the chassis.

On the other hand, the volume of that air is usually so small that the single tiny fan must spin much faster to cool the GPU properly, meaning most blower style cards are susceptible to higher temperatures and noise levels compared to their competition. Blower coolers are generally most useful in mini-ITX cases and/or multi-GPU setups, where there is not enough case airflow available to sustain an open-air cooler design.

The logic behind open-air cards is also simple, a cooler with a single, double, or triple fan that blows cold air from the outside onto a heatsink – either directly or indirectly cooling the GPU. The radiator usually consists of fins that have heatpipes running through them. Blower-style cards use smaller heatsinks, which is one of the reasons why their cooling capacity is much smaller.
soo in all reality... i hate noises coming from the computer so i should just wait for the non-blower so i don't have to deal with noise coming from a whole fan

Reactions: NightHawkRMX