Question i have a rtx 3070 and i5 10600 and im experiencing very much fps drops and low gpu and cpu usage pls can anyone help?

Jul 14, 2021
i have a rtx 3070 and i5 10600 and im experiencing very much fps drops and low gpu and cpu usage pls can anyone help?

Jul 14, 2021
i have a rtx 3070 and i5 10600 and im experiencing very much fps drops and low gpu and cpu usage pls can anyone help?

alexbirdie

Notable
Feb 20, 2020
I believe, I will never understand people, who issues questions as the above one without any further informations.

What do they expect ? What should other people, who want to help, do with this zero-information?

Such postings are simply annoying.

RTX 2080

Estimable
Only one ram.

Costs a lot of performance, because dual channel is not used.
Get a second one.

XMP activated in the bios?
Came here to say this. If you wanted 16 GB of RAM, you should have bought 2 x 8 GB sticks. Since you currently have 1 x 16 GB, you would need another identical stick of 16 GB RAM to take advantage of dual channel RAM. Not having dual channel RAM can coat a lot of performance.

Additionally, that PSU of yours isn't nearly powerful enough for an RTX 3070. You should upgrade it to a Corsair RM750x or similar.

Jul 14, 2021
XMP is a setting that can be enabled in the BIOS to ensure your RAM is running at the fastest speed it can. Unfortunately, it won't do you much good on its own until you have dual channel RAM installed.
okay thankyou! if i install a 8gb RAM stick will it be enough?

RTX 2080

Estimable
okay thankyou! if i install a 8gb RAM stick will it be enough?
Nope. Dual channel RAM only works if you have two identical sticks of RAM installed (2 x 8 GB, 2 x 16 GB, etc.). You currently have a 16 GB stick of RAM, so you either need to buy two 8 GB sticks to replace your 16 GB or you need a second 16 GB stick to add to the one that you currently have. Adding a 8 GB stick to your PC which currently has a 16 GB stick will not enable dual channel RAM and you will see no performance improvement.

If you add a second 16 GB stick to the one already in your PC, ensure that it is exactly the same as the one you already have installed. If it's a different brand or a different speed you might run into issues.

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
That's because it is a bottle neck, if you are using a high end gpu and a low end cpu then how can you expect good perfomace? You should use a amd ryzen 7 or and intel core i7 minimum.(starting at 10th gen)

ASK THE COMMUNITY