Question I have a Ryzen 3 3200U - - - how do I increase my TDP without installing programs ?

Sep 13, 2024
Laptop model: Lenovo ideapad L340 15api 81LW

I feel like i'm not using my laptop's fullest potential. Does anyone have any idea to increase TDP without installing programs? I'm running Windows 10. Thanks in advance :)

Sep 13, 2024
I
"increase TDP"?

I assume you refer to Thermal Design Power.

Correct or not?

Thermal Design Power is a hardware specification. If you insist, you could change it by changing hardware.

Not clear to me what you are ultimately driving at or what issue you are trying to solve.
I've seen some youtubers increase the "TDP" to make them go faster. According to google, my processor can have up to 25W of power. I trying to find a way to increase the wattage.

I've seen some youtubers increase the "TDP" to make them go faster. According to google, my processor can have up to 25W of power. I trying to find a way to increase the wattage.
That is not increasing TDP.
That is increasing CPU power limit. Essentially overclocking.

Laptops have very limited thermal headroom. Cooling system is designed for specific power limits.
If you increase power limit, this is going to increase heat generated.
Laptop will potentially overheat and die.

If you still insist on doing this, then make sure, you have a laptop cooling pad, to help remove excess heat generated.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran