[SOLVED] I have a SAS drive and i want to connect it to my pc.

Oct 14, 2021
my friend gave me a 10tb hard drive, at first i thought it was SATA, when i tried plugin it in the SATA ports on my mobo, the ports on the hard drive looked a bit different from a SATA drive, so after a bit of research i found out it was not SATA it was SAS. i really want to use it in my system and i also found out i cant use an adapter so can someone help.

Solution
my friend gave me a 10tb hard drive, at first i thought it was SATA, when i tried plugin it in the SATA ports on my mobo, the ports on the hard drive looked a bit different from a SATA drive, so after a bit of research i found out it was not SATA it was SAS. i really want to use it in my system and i also found out i cant use an adapter so can someone help.
You have to buy a SAS controller card. That will cost somewhere between $30 and $100.

kanewolf

Titan
You have to buy a SAS controller card. That will cost somewhere between $30 and $100.

Solution