Question I have a serious problem with my new rig

ShlomiU

Commendable
Mar 24, 2020
Hello everyone.
So I've received my new rig about 4 days ago , it's a beast and at first everything was ok.

After a few days I've started getting BSOD's on the windows login screen , I haven't even been able to type in my password it just freezes and crashes.
Today it happened again , but what's gotten me worried is that right after the system crashed it went into the BIOS , I couldn't boot up my system because it kept going back to the BIOS .
I tried restoring default settings , no luck.
I tried enabling CSM , it told me there's nothing to boot to.
So I've checked if the system reads my SSD that the system is installed on.
The model is: ADATA XPG SPECTRIX S40G RGB M.2 2280 1TB

It didn't find it , just my regular HDD.
This is a NEW RIG , I have never once in my life had that problem on my old rig which is now 7 years old, Idk what is happening.
I've disconnected my entire PC and opened it , sort of poked the slot that the SSD is installed on and plugged it again , and like magic the system booted up.
But I am afraid that this will happen again, anyone has any idea wtf is going on?

Ralston18

Titan
Not at all unusual for a connection to come loose but not enough cause an immediate problem.

However, after some "movements" during expansion and contraction the connection is totally lost.

Connectivity can likewise be lost if a loose connection simply vibrates further apart.

New connections can be and often are "tight" when first connected. Appears and feels to be in place but is not in place. So what seems to be okay is truly not okay.

Power down, unplug, check all cables, cards, RAM, and jumpers by visual inspection and by touch.

Ensure that all are fully and firmly in place. Gently rock and press down to be sure.

Do not force anything. If there appears to be a problem then investigate further.

Overall, likely that the SSD was not fully connected and your "poke" reseated the connections.