[SOLVED] I have a simple question. Can shift deleted videos be restored on a laptop?

Nov 12, 2020
Many months back. I deleted a bunch of videos in a folder deep inside my laptop. I no longer remember the folder. Can these videos be restored, maybe using a software?

It doesn't have to be good quality. As long as I can see the filenames, I'm ok. But if it is fully recoverable that would be great.

Solution
The short answer, no, probably not.

The longer answer, no, probably not, but the only way to know for sure is to obtain an appropriate recovery software and try. Truthfully, recovery of deleted files, especially if they've been gone a while, is a mostly impossible task. Some bits and pieces or even most but not all of the deleted files might be recoverable but without all of the file or files, that's practically useless.

Was the drive the videos were on a hard drive (HDD) or a solid state drive (SSD)?
The short answer, no, probably not.

The longer answer, no, probably not, but the only way to know for sure is to obtain an appropriate recovery software and try. Truthfully, recovery of deleted files, especially if they've been gone a while, is a mostly impossible task. Some bits and pieces or even most but not all of the deleted files might be recoverable but without all of the file or files, that's practically useless.

Was the drive the videos were on a hard drive (HDD) or a solid state drive (SSD)?

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
"Many months back. I deleted a bunch of videos "
Highly unlikely.

Shift+Delete bypasses the recycle bin, and just does Delete.
Many months ago means that all or parts of that space has been overwritten by other things.

For a video, you really do need the whole thing, for it to be playable.