[SOLVED] I have a software I want to portably install on my PC from my laptop

charlitosway

Distinguished
May 13, 2016
I have a software on my laptop. a part of the software doesnt want to install in my PC, so I wanted to know if its possible to put the software in a usb and play with it in my desktop where its not fully installing.

It is a chess software called rybka aquarium, I know the interface will install but not the openings book which is an add in and its not too heavy. How can I grab the entirely installed software from my laptop and drag it to my pc? any ideas? Thanks!!

Solution
if you can't just copy & paste all related folder\files and have it run correctly;
then there are either registry entries, redistributables, other .ini, or .dll files that also need to be installed separately.

How can I grab the entirely installed software from my laptop and drag it to my pc?
if the software is connected to a certain user or system account then signing in with the same info would allow you to reinstall the software.

if it was a single install license,
then you are effectively trying to pirate software.
those topics are not allowed on Tom's and you should take it somewhere else.
if you can't just copy & paste all related folder\files and have it run correctly;
then there are either registry entries, redistributables, other .ini, or .dll files that also need to be installed separately.

How can I grab the entirely installed software from my laptop and drag it to my pc?
if the software is connected to a certain user or system account then signing in with the same info would allow you to reinstall the software.

if it was a single install license,
then you are effectively trying to pirate software.
those topics are not allowed on Tom's and you should take it somewhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralston18
Solution