[SOLVED] I have a strange noise coming from my PC related to sound ?

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018
I have an FX 6300, 8GB ram ddr3 and an old Asus mothrboard, but everything was fine until a couple of days ago when I starting to hear static and crackling.

What could this be?

NOTE: After I started removing usb connections like my mouse out of the pc the static was almost gone. Also whenever I start a program like Chrome the crackling worsens.

Also, whenever I start downloading something the sound disappears for some reason. I have also tried reinstalling my audio drivers which makes it work right up until
I start downloading something or plugging in a usb device.

Last edited:
Solution
And the sound is definitely coming from the speaker(s) and/or headset - correct? Are you able to swap in other known working speakers or headsets?

Key is to locate the source of the sound.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition? Heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cables (internal and external) , connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Ralston18

Titan
And the sound is definitely coming from the speaker(s) and/or headset - correct? Are you able to swap in other known working speakers or headsets?

Key is to locate the source of the sound.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition? Heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cables (internal and external) , connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Solution