Question I have a strange problem with my asus k450j

Jul 28, 2019
Hi people, i'm new here, but i'll try to simplify this question.
So... I have a asus k450j that has a problem with just one key on the keyboard, it's the "w" key. And it is a strange one, basically when i press "w" for a long time, when i stop pressing it the laptop thinks that i'm still pressing it for some reason. And the thing is, the longer i press it, the longer it stays like that. In a normal game, if i'm walking straight for a long time, if i stop pressing it the character keeps walking.
I tried testing in the notepad, it keeps doing it. At first i thought it was a software problem, but there aren't no drivers to download at asus website and i installed ubuntu to see if it was a windows problem but it keeps doing the same.
Help me please, i searched in the web for weeks no luck.
Thanks in advance.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
You almost certainly have a keyboard failure in progress.

Try using an external keyboard that you know functions correctly. If it doesn't exhibit the same behavior then it's time to replace the laptop's built-in keyboard.

Jul 28, 2019
You almost certainly have a keyboard failure in progress.

Try using an external keyboard that you know functions correctly. If it doesn't exhibit the same behavior then it's time to replace the laptop's built-in keyboard.

yes, it functions with an external keyboard, but i was told that if i replace the keyboard on that particular model the keys would not be the same...
Idk if it's true but i know the keys have a special glue of some sort.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019

TRENDING THREADS