[SOLVED] I have a Toshiba notebook(NB305) w/ WIN 7. I'm wanting to speed it up. Would adding another GB of RAM help much?

WillyB777

Reputable
Apr 10, 2016
Toshiba NB305 PLL3FU004004,
1.67 gHz Intel Atom N450
56kb primary memory
512 secondary memory
Hyper- threaded (2t otal)

Solution
Atom-based notebooks can have trouibles with RAM upgrade. Your best bet is to remove the back cover, or the keyboard, and check how many memory slots you have. You can have max of 4GB of ram.

SSD would be another possible upgrade, but once you reach $100 in parts, a new (or even second-hand) laptop is much better investment.
Atom-based notebooks can have trouibles with RAM upgrade. Your best bet is to remove the back cover, or the keyboard, and check how many memory slots you have. You can have max of 4GB of ram.

SSD would be another possible upgrade, but once you reach $100 in parts, a new (or even second-hand) laptop is much better investment.

Solution

WillyB777

Reputable
Apr 10, 2016

Thank-you! Just the feedback I needed.

WillyB777

Reputable
Apr 10, 2016
I think you can add 2gb of ram. That would be good.

But, there is nothing that will improve your performance more than replacing the slow 5400rpm HDD with a ssd.
Thanks!, that confirms the SSD idea. I have two slots for memory - one has 2GB and the other is empty, so I'll get another 2GB. This really helps.