I have a very odd problem that I'm having trouble finding any info on.

rockyjudd

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
OK, I am absolutely stumped on this issue, hopefully someone out there can help me.

I have an issue in Windows 8 where left click yields no results in certain situations within about 5 minutes of boot. Hovering over desktop icons with the cursor yields the icons background animation and left click works fine and immediately opens any software. However, when the software is open I cant click on anything in software I'm trying to use for at least a few minutes. Nothing is frozen, I can open 5 more programs almost instantly but I still can't click on anything regardless of what I've opened, just icons on my desktop. Vlc will play any videos with ease, I can even double click to full screen and vice versa, but can't seek different parts of the video.

Last of all, even though my desktop icons work well with no freezing/stuttering my task bar won't work or show any animation when the cursor is Hovering over icons/start menu.

I recently upgraded to a z97 motherboard and an intel i5 from an amd 6300 and m5a97 board.
Ive been having this problem since. I am confused as can be, I don't see any stuttering on Windows 8 whatsoever, it just seems to be a cursor clicking issue in a certain situations. All issues are resolved 5 minutes after booting and restarting yields no results.

Solution
do a clean reinstall of windows and then downlod and install correct mboard drivers, let us know how you get on. I had the same problem when I switched my mobo and this fixed it.

rockyjudd

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Before I wiped my hard drive I decided to run malware bytes. Found two vpn toolbar malware program on my computer and after deleting them I haven't been able to repeat the problem. So I guess malware was the cause. Thanks for the reply.