[SOLVED] I have a weird WIFI problem

KidBuu

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2012
I have a TP-Link TLWR940N Router

So basically, I don't know since when, but I have a cycle of "no internet connection" on my phone via WiFi. I have not noticed this on my laptop, but data packet loss might be happening there too. Recently it has started happening to my TV, where I lose internet connection and I have to turn WIFI on and off to get it back. It has happened enough times on my phone and TV to call it a real and redundant problem.

It is not my internet connection, because I have a stable connection on my PC via Ethernet. I don't know what the exact problem is and how to fiind a solution

Solution

So basically, I don't know since when, but I have a cycle of "no internet connection" on my phone via WiFi. I have not noticed this on my laptop, but data packet loss might be happening there too. Recently it has started happening to my TV, where I lose internet connection and I have to turn WIFI on and off to get it back. It has happened enough times on my phone and TV to call it a real and redundant problem.

It is not my internet connection, because I have a stable connection on my PC via Ethernet. I don't know what the exact problem is and how to fiind a solution
That is a 2.4Ghz only, WIFI router. The 2.4Ghz WIFI spectrum is saturated in most areas. Unless you live in a rural...

kanewolf

Titan

That is a 2.4Ghz only, WIFI router. The 2.4Ghz WIFI spectrum is saturated in most areas. Unless you live in a rural area, I would recommend replacing your router.
Your specific problem could be an internal overheating problem. Many WIFI routers have that problem.

Solution