I have a Western digital ssd

Skullexx

Reputable
Jan 25, 2017
i have a WD ssd and when i put the pc in to sleep mode or it goes to sleep i get etheir a black screen or blue one for good couple seconds im trying figer out if its my system or my ssd thats not liking sleep mode and if so should i have sleep mode turn to never and when im not using the pc should i just turn it off when im not using my pc i do shut it down

Solution

or just turn off sleep mode and run a screensaver when not in use or set the monitor to turn off after an amount of time of inactivity. the problem is only with sleep mode like your said so turn it off

Hey there, Skullexx.

In order to find out what might be causing the issue, you should do some testing. First I'd suggest that you backup your data just to be on the safe side. After that go ahead and try the drive with a different SATA port and cables, to see if the same thing happens again. If you haven't installed the SSD dashboard already, please do and let me know if there's anything out of the ordinary when you check the drive's health. Here's where to download it from: WD SSD Dashboard.
As for the sleep mode, it's up to personal preference I guess. I don't use sleep mode, but I've set my monitor to turn off if the computer's not used for 30 minutes.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Boogieman_WD

this started with the 4 gen (haswell) Intel CPU's. get the make and model of your PSU and see if it supports intel haswell CPU's

or just turn off sleep mode and run a screensaver when not in use or set the monitor to turn off after an amount of time of inactivity. the problem is only with sleep mode like your said so turn it off

Solution