I have a Wireless-N ADSL2 + modem router DGN2000, should I get a Tp-link Tl-wdn4800 450mbps Wireless N Dual Band Pci Express

Backtothere

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
My router is only downstairs so it is very close
More about : wireless adsl2 modem router dgn2000 link wdn4800 450mbps wireless dual band pci express

Solution
If you mean between pci and pci-e I doubt you will be able to detect any difference. The main reason I could see any difference would be slot availability in your machine.

This second card is a closer match to your router but it likely works no better or worse than the first card you propose. This is all a money issue and what future plans you have for your stuff. This is a decision only you can make if you should spend more now so you are ready when you upgrade your router or if you wait until you actually need something like 5g to spend money. If you feel its going to be a year or more then you are likely better off getting just enough to meet your requirements now and see were the price on the newest stuff like 802.11ac is...
It will likely work even though signal does not travel vertically as well.

What are your expectations buying this card. Your router is only single band so you won't be able to use things like the 5g band.

If you are using it only to surf the internet then your internet speed will limit your speed well before any wireless card make any difference.

If this is a new device for a new PC then there is nothing wrong with it, it is a good middle of the road cost wise card that a lot of people have had little problems with.

If this is a upgrade then don't expect a lot of difference.

Backtothere

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013

So would a downgrade to a TP-LINK TL-WN951N Wireless N PCI Adapter Network adapter - PCI make any difference at all in my sercumstance?

If you mean between pci and pci-e I doubt you will be able to detect any difference. The main reason I could see any difference would be slot availability in your machine.

This second card is a closer match to your router but it likely works no better or worse than the first card you propose. This is all a money issue and what future plans you have for your stuff. This is a decision only you can make if you should spend more now so you are ready when you upgrade your router or if you wait until you actually need something like 5g to spend money. If you feel its going to be a year or more then you are likely better off getting just enough to meet your requirements now and see were the price on the newest stuff like 802.11ac is when you are ready for a upgrade.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS