[SOLVED] I have a Wisp service provider that is POE powered. Can I clone router..

Aug 20, 2019
I have a Wisp service provider I have a dish like device on the back of my house pointed at a nearby ground tower. The line comes into the house & goes into a POE (ethernet powered modem) then into my router from there. I currently have a TL-WR841HP router, can I switch routers I remember they did some setup initally when installed but I have sense did a factory reset on the router & it is still working as before... Can't I just copy the setting from old router & plug them into my new router ? I ordered the Tp link ac1900 hoping I can get it to work wont be here for a couple days tho. So any advice would be appreciated.

Solution
The installers may have entered the MAC address from your router into their hardware. You may have to clone the MAC address as well as the other settings. Try it without cloning the MAC address. If it doesn't work, then clone the MAC address from the old router into the new one.

kanewolf

Titan
The installers may have entered the MAC address from your router into their hardware. You may have to clone the MAC address as well as the other settings. Try it without cloning the MAC address. If it doesn't work, then clone the MAC address from the old router into the new one.

Solution
Aug 20, 2019
Just thought I would update this. Plugged new router in & selected auto detect: dynamic ip detected & boom internet service no other settings touched.