Question I have AB350M-D3H-CF & R5 2600X - I need help with 3200mhz ram compatible selection, please click if you could help me

xivizor

Reputable
Dec 22, 2017
Would
Corsair DDR 4 16G (8Gx2) 3200 CL16 VENGEANCE LPX Black CMK16GX4M2E3200C16

Be compatible for my current MOBO, and would my MOBO handle 3200mhz, and how much of a difference would I see if I have 2400mhz currently and I have 2600x?

Thanks so much

I have GTX 1070 too

The RAM compatibility for the b350 chipset has improved a lot. That RAM should be just fine. You probably wont even need to update the bios as the 2600x bios will include many of the RAM compatibility improvements.

For gaming, on average you will probably see a 5% boost in fps. But some games performance difference will be flat with little benefit, but for others it will be a bit more. So it is really dependent on the game.

xivizor

Reputable
Dec 22, 2017
The RAM compatibility for the b350 chipset has improved a lot. That RAM should be just fine. You probably wont even need to update the bios as the 2600x bios will include many of the RAM compatibility improvements.

For gaming, on average you will probably see a 5% boost in fps. But some games performance difference will be flat with little benefit, but for others it will be a bit more. So it is really dependent on the game.

But ive been told that this specific motherboard wouldn't handle 3000mhz by some dude, was he wrong?
And also is this specific RAM compatible for my specific motherboard? How can I check it?

Thanks so much for your time its not taken for granted

xivizor

Reputable
Dec 22, 2017
See I just took a look on the motherboard's official website and it does support 3200MHZ memory, yet in this document of Gigabyte's official qualified vendors, the max ram speed I see is just 2666 and the ram number isn't there: CMK16GX4M2E3200C16

Can you help me?

It should still work. They dont test every RAM stick on the market. They test a majority. That particular module you are using may have been manufactured after the bios testing from gigabyte.

As I said, RAM compatibility is much better with the b350 chipset than it was a couple of years ago. I highly doubt it will be an issue. If you are worried, just get the RAM from a vendor who takes returns.

As for the 3000mhz, in the beginning of the b350 chipset, that would have been true. Getting higher speeds was very difficult. But with compatibility improvement, RAM speeds have also been much easier to obtain. Reaching 3200mhz is a reasonable expectation. Any speeds above that will be difficult. In the end, the performance difference between 3000mhz and 3200mhz is very minimal. I recommend going with 3000mhz or higher for Ryzen CPUs. So worst case and it only runs at 3000mhz, you are not losing much, if any performance. After you start to go past 3000mhz, you have diminishing returns on performance boost.