I have absolutely no idea what is going on with my computer but it's broken

officialslothman

Commendable
Sep 29, 2016
I have absolutely no idea what is happening with my computer right now but I would appreciate any and all help offered. [video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3L5q4QEvkk"][/video]

Solution
Usually the "one of your disks needs to be checked" message can/may show up after a power loss etc, but sometimes it can be an indicator of a failing drive.

The "autochk cannot run" aspect can be a conflict with a few different Anti-Virus programs.

I would take a guess that, as you've seen the message for months (consistently?) that your HDD is failing.
A restore disk may help you clean up the OS install but, if the drive is failing, it may not.

As for the pirated OS - buy a license, run a genuine copy of Windows. Depending on your original source, you may have a virus impacting things also.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Usually the "one of your disks needs to be checked" message can/may show up after a power loss etc, but sometimes it can be an indicator of a failing drive.

The "autochk cannot run" aspect can be a conflict with a few different Anti-Virus programs.

I would take a guess that, as you've seen the message for months (consistently?) that your HDD is failing.
A restore disk may help you clean up the OS install but, if the drive is failing, it may not.

As for the pirated OS - buy a license, run a genuine copy of Windows. Depending on your original source, you may have a virus impacting things also.

Solution