[SOLVED] I have an ARRIS router but cannot access the ARRIS router config

jacobfett21

Prominent
Mar 28, 2019
Background information: Cox Communications is my ISP

I want to change some settings in my arris router. So, I go to 192.168.0.1 and instead of being brought to my router config, I am brought here http://prntscr.com/omrzm2

I cannot edit QoS settings from that page. I want to be able to access my arris router config, does anyone have an explanation for why I cannot or have advice on how to solve this issue?

Solution
My problem is I want to be able to access ARRIS router's config where I can edit QoS settings. A few months ago I could go to 192.168.0.1 and it would bring me to ARRIS but now it brings me to Cox. ???

I have had cox communications for years I did not recently switch.
It is possible that new firmware has been loaded on the Arris device by Cox. That could explain the differences. Many times ISP specific devices can get firmware updates without your interaction or knowledge.

jacobfett21

Prominent
Mar 28, 2019
Where did you read this box has QOS capability? not all do. Certainly doesn't show anything from screens u posted so far.
My problem is I want to be able to access ARRIS router's config where I can edit QoS settings. A few months ago I could go to 192.168.0.1 and it would bring me to ARRIS but now it brings me to Cox. ???

kanewolf

Titan

It is possible that new firmware has been loaded on the Arris device by Cox. That could explain the differences. Many times ISP specific devices can get firmware updates without your interaction or knowledge.

Reactions: jacobfett21
Solution