I have an ATC problem..or mystery is a better word...any i..

Ok...I have had this weird mystery..I can't seem to solve.I get
clearance from ATC...then handed off to Ground..I get handed
to contact Tower...all seems ok so far...but when I am handed
off to Tower....the option to "Request Take-off Clearance"is
not available....no hint of it...as if I am not allowed to take-off,
but I haven't had problems before...just recently...and every
time.....but the problem is solved for me as to how it;s doing this.

Ok..I tried everything to track it down....as I am using FlightSim
Commander...flying the PSS Airbus A-320...Ultimate Traffic..alot
of the basic and neccessary add-ons....But...none of these are
the culprit,as far as I have been able to tell..it only seems to
happen when...during flight planning,I select any gate to start
from....but not when I choose Active Runway!!I tried two times
with a Gate...and two times choosing an Active Runway...and
and the two I chose for Active Runway..always allow me the
option to "Request Take-off Clearance"...but the two I choose
for Gate...never have the option for Take off....the big mystery
for me is...what changed?Something had to as I haven't really
had this before
Any help on this mystery would be greatly appreciated!!Thanks

Doug

You maybe already know this...but you didn't mention it in your original
post so I'll chip in.

With me the option to take off only appears when I'm right up to the hold at
the runway. Maybe you aren't close enough?

HTH,
Jimbo.

"Douglas Crowe" <out@sea.com> wrote in message

> Ok...I have had this weird mystery..I can't seem to solve.I get
> clearance from ATC...then handed off to Ground..I get handed
> to contact Tower...all seems ok so far...but when I am handed
> off to Tower....the option to "Request Take-off Clearance"is
> not available....no hint of it...as if I am not allowed to take-off,
> but I haven't had problems before...just recently...and every
> time.....but the problem is solved for me as to how it;s doing this.
>
> Ok..I tried everything to track it down....as I am using FlightSim
> Commander...flying the PSS Airbus A-320...Ultimate Traffic..alot
> of the basic and neccessary add-ons....But...none of these are
> the culprit,as far as I have been able to tell..it only seems to
> happen when...during flight planning,I select any gate to start
> from....but not when I choose Active Runway!!I tried two times
> with a Gate...and two times choosing an Active Runway...and
> and the two I chose for Active Runway..always allow me the
> option to "Request Take-off Clearance"...but the two I choose
> for Gate...never have the option for Take off....the big mystery
> for me is...what changed?Something had to as I haven't really
> had this before
> Any help on this mystery would be greatly appreciated!!Thanks
>

> Doug

OR, have you hit the Tower option when your at the Hold line???

Wait, I had this happen and I was at the wrong runway. Make sure your at
the correct runway hold line. Sometimes an added scenery covers over the
real area your supposed to be at. Like the FedEx Triad add on. "KGSO"

Not4wood