I have an Epson AMD K-6 2 3D NOW! Hard drive.

ricmon56

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
I have an Epson AMD K-6 2 3D NOW! Hard drive. I'd like to donate it, but not a very techie person. I do know enough to take the motherboard out, but need a little help in that area.

When the side is off, their's a disk drive to the right (TOP), a removeable drive with a handle in the middle, right below disk drive and the old square info drives right below the removeable drive- those are the systems I know don't contain the motherboard; I figured out for myself. So I'm left with three thin boards next to each other; a taller board, which I think is the motherboard, a smaller, shorter board, (and I don't know why I mention this), an even smaller, short board. So is it the larger of the three boards as the motherboard? Really enquisitive for an answer before I take anything out. :pt1cable:

Could you please email at (ooooops!).

Thanks Bret! What was I thinking? NOT! :sweat:

Richard

ricmon56

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012

**************************************************************************************************************************

Okay,

Is anyone a REAL TAKER of the question, if its not an Epson (I was given wrong info), although does have a sticker on the hard drive as: ' AMD K6 2 3D NOW! '?
I'm still really interested in knowing some info, as I've stated above.

Richard

Well just start removing everything part by part with due care. First take out the cards like the modem, graphics card, and network as well sound cards. The remove all the ribbon cables from the board and drives. Then start to unplug all the power cables coming from the power supply. Remove the power supply by removing the screws from the back that hold it in the case. It should slide out with easy. Once that is done unscrew all the mounting screws that hold the board in the case. There is some wires at the bottom end that connect the front panel so just pull on those. Once you got the board out all that there is left is maybe a fan or two and the drives. The drives are very easy to remove.

ricmon56

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
Thanks so much for the reply, although its a little drastic. You see, as I've said above, I'm donating it, and I just wanted to identify the motherboard to remove and smash it up to prevent anyone from getting my private info. I thought that was understood.

Notheless, thanks anyway, for your help.

Richard

cylemmulo

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
well the motherboard doesn't carry any information, only the hard drive does. I'm confused if your donating the hard drive or if your trying to smash the hard drive and donate the rest of the computer.

TBH though a computer that old (amd k6 series was made in like the mid 90's i believe) anyone who buys it is going to need to find somewhere and someone to get a hard drive for and install it, which at that point you could probly for like another 100 bucks get a brand new computer. but I mean who knows, maybe someone could get some use out of it.