Question I have an HDD from a windows 7 computer with an IDE and SATA to USb adaptor. It's attached (via USB) to another windows 7 computer.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Link won't open for me. So I have to make sure; If that adapter comes with external power source/cable/connectors (assuming it does because USAFRet didn't mention it need enxternal power source). Have you checked to make sure if they're connected firmly and that the 3.5" drive is getting enough power?

When you connected the drive and power it up if you touch a corner of it gently does it move/vibrate a bit? As USAFRet said earlier the drive might be dead.

USAFRet

Titan
Link won't open for me. So I have to make sure; If that adapter comes with external power source/cable/connectors (assuming it does because USAFRet didn't mention it need enxternal power source). Have you checked to make sure if they're connected firmly and that the 3.5" drive is getting enough power?

When you connected the drive and power it up if you touch a corner of it gently does it move/vibrate a bit? As USAFRet said earlier the drive might be dead.
Yes, that is the typical multi headed cable arrangement with a wall plugin.

Reactions: Satan-IR