I have an hp laserjet 6p printer that will not print from my laptop with windows 10 installed

Ross McKenna

Reputable
Aug 28, 2015
I have an hp laserjet 6p printer that will not print from my laptop with windows 10 installed. I am connected with a USB cable. I tried down loading the compatibility piece with windows 10, visited the HP site and followed their trouble shooting procedures, but sitll won't print

Ross McKenna

Reputable
Aug 28, 2015
No still does not work. I never found a yellow triangle. I have deleated the printer and reloaded it about 6 times. I have spent hours researching on line. I went to the compatibility site for windows10, the HP site and tried all the fixes numerous times but no luck. I just seem to be going in circles.
ross

jbaker22

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/244617

To use Driver Verifier, run Verifier.exe, and then restart your computer. You do not have to make any other changes to begin analyzing drivers in the system. For Windows Vista and later versions, your user account requires Administrator privileges to run Verifier.exe.

Driver Verifier can check many different aspects of a driver’s behavior. These capabilities are grouped into options or settingsthat are enabled by the use of flags. (The terms "options," "settings," and "flags" are typically interchangeable in Driver Verifier documentation. They represent similar concepts.)

The Driver Status property page gives you an image of the current status of Driver Verifier. You can see what drivers the verifier detects. The status can be one of the following:

Loaded: The driver is currently loaded and verified.
Unloaded: The driver is not currently loaded but it was loaded at least once since you restarted the computer.
Never Loaded: The driver was never loaded. This status can indicate that the driver's image file is corrupted or that you specified a driver name that is missing from the system.

You can click the list header to sort the list by driver names or status. In the upper-right area of the dialog box, you can view the current types of the verification that are in effect. The status of the drivers is updated automatically if you do not switch to manual refresh mode. You can modify the refresh rate using the radio buttons in the lower-left area of the dialog box. You can also force an update of the status by clicking Update Now.

If you enable the Special Pool flag and less than 95 percent of the pool allocations went to the special pool, a warning message is displayed on this page. This means that you need to select a smaller set of drivers to verify or add more physical memory to the computer to obtain better coverage of the pool allocations verification.

You can also run Verifier.exe from a command line (for more information, type verifier.exe /? at a command prompt). Multiple switches can be used on the command line, for example:

Verifier.exe /flags 0x209BB /driver MyDriver1.sys MyFilterDriver1.sys

The following list shows the most commonly used command line flags:

tandard Flags:
0x00000000: Automatic Checks
0x00000001: Special pool
0x00000002: Force IRQL Checking
0x00000008: Pool Tracking
0x00000010: I/O verification
0x00000020: Deadlock detection
0x00000080: DMA checking
0x00000100: Security checks
0x00000800: Miscellaneous checks
0x00020000: DDI compliance checking

Additional Flags:
0x00000004: Randomized low resources simulation
0x00000040: Enhanced I/O verification (Vista only)
0x00000200: Force pending I/O requests
0x00000400: IRP Logging
0x00002000: Invariant MDL checking for stack
0x00004000: Invariant MDL checking for driver0x00008000: Power framework delay fuzzing

Configuring Drivers to Verify:
verifier.exe /driver driver1.sys [driver2.sys driver3.sys …]
This command specifies the specific driver or drivers to verify. Provide additional drivers in a space-separated list.

verifier.exe /all
Verifies all the drivers in the system.

Ross McKenna

Reputable
Aug 28, 2015
No still does not work. I have spent hours researching on line. I went to the compatibility site for windows10, the HP site and tried all the fixes numerous times but no luck. I just seem to be going in circles.
ross