[SOLVED] i have an i5-9600k and 2070 super, my gpu are using at fortnite 160 fps 30% and my cpu 100%

Mar 9, 2020
i have an i5-9600k and 2070 super, my gpu are using at fortnite 160 fps 30% and my cpu 100%
2070 super
i5 9600k
32 ram
750 psu
water cooling 240mm republic gamers
plis help
when i open the task manager the game is consuming like 80-90 % of the cpu.
my temps are good 55-65

Solution
Exactly. It's not a hardware issue. Nothing wrong with the pc. The problem is entirely on the game and it's updates, some of which create more issues than the bugs that get 'fixed'. Most of which is anti-cheat coding.

Fortnite, pubg, overwatch and many other popular games like them are pumped out before they are really coded right. Blame the marketing and money makers not the devs. They use the public to run bug checks, exploit finders etc, then 'fix' the issues with a later update. Which always seems to end up messing something else up.
Well is an online multiplayer game playing on a 6 cores CPU so I don't think the CPU usage is that bad. Not when your trying to drive an RTX 2070 Super with that poor Core i5.

Cheers
I disagree. Granted, with games that actually use more than 6 cores/threads, the 'poor' i5-9600k will fall a bit behind CPUs having more threads. I have an i5-9600k paired with an RTX 2060 Super, and when I play BF5 online on 32 player servers, I have no lag, no stuttering, and consistently get well over 100 fps on Ultra setting at 1080p. My CPU and GPU both peak in game at 100%, but who cares? As far as I know, that's not a bad thing.

Reactions: RodroX
I disagree. Granted, with games that actually use more than 6 cores/threads, the 'poor' i5-9600k will fall a bit behind CPUs having more threads. I have an i5-9600k paired with an RTX 2060 Super, and when I play BF5 online on 32 player servers, I have no lag, no stuttering, and consistently get well over 100 fps on Ultra setting at 1080p. My CPU and GPU both peak in game at 100%, but who cares? As far as I know, that's not a bad thing.

OK, you disagree and thats fine, but then you arrived to the same conclusion as me :) :

You= "BF5 online on 32 player server......... My CPU and GPU both peak in game at 100%, but who cares?"

Me= "Well is an online multiplayer game playing on a 6 cores CPU so I don't think the CPU usage is that bad."

Nor me or the OP said, or wrote, that the Core i5 9600K will lag, drop frames, etc., in fact if you read carefull what I wrote: "...Not when your trying to drive an RTX 2070 Super with that poor Core i5. "

That RTX 2070 Super is a RTX 2080 class level GPU (just a bit slower), paired with the actual best 6 cores/6 threads CPU Intel has to offer the Core i5 9600K.
What I meant with "poor" (the word I choosen was not the best, I admit it), sorry If I offended you or any other Core i5 owner out there, is that the lack of HT (hyperthreading) and thus the CPU usage will be close to 100% or 100% when you paired with that high level of GPU and play any demanding online multiplayer game., Fornite, BF5.

Mar 9, 2020
OK, you disagree and thats fine, but then you arrived to the same conclusion as me :) :

You= "BF5 online on 32 player server......... My CPU and GPU both peak in game at 100%, but who cares?"

Me= "Well is an online multiplayer game playing on a 6 cores CPU so I don't think the CPU usage is that bad."

Nor me or the OP said, or wrote, that the Core i5 9600K will lag, drop frames, etc., in fact if you read carefull what I wrote: "...Not when your trying to drive an RTX 2070 Super with that poor Core i5. "

That RTX 2070 Super is a RTX 2080 class level GPU (just a bit slower), paired with the actual best 6 cores/6 threads CPU Intel has to offer the Core i5 9600K.
What I meant with "poor" (the word I choosen was not the best, I admit it), sorry If I offended you or any other Core i5 owner out there, is that the lack of HT (hyperthreading) and thus the CPU usage will be close to 100% or 100% when you paired with that high level of GPU and play any demanding online multiplayer game., Fornite, BF5.
well isaw videos and i5 9600k with 2060 s in all low the usage of the cpu is 50 %

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Exactly. It's not a hardware issue. Nothing wrong with the pc. The problem is entirely on the game and it's updates, some of which create more issues than the bugs that get 'fixed'. Most of which is anti-cheat coding.

Fortnite, pubg, overwatch and many other popular games like them are pumped out before they are really coded right. Blame the marketing and money makers not the devs. They use the public to run bug checks, exploit finders etc, then 'fix' the issues with a later update. Which always seems to end up messing something else up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution

retroforlife

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017

i remember those days when console games came out complete and didn't require a ton of updates down the line 😁

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I don't mind updates, when it's to add something new, like skyrim dlcs etc. What mind is updates that fix simple things that should never have needed fixing in the first place. Spend $60+ for a game, it should be complete, shouldn't need a bunch of exploits shut down and anti-cheat code introduced.

retroforlife

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
When they put out a console game on the PS2 it had to be as bug free as possible since there was no such thing as monthly patches to fix things they hired bug testers .
These days a lot of games get pushed much to early with really common bugs and they seem to make it more like the customers job to test the game for them that's why I don't buy any game until it's been out a while